The two schools have been applying and sharing the innovative methods of teaching and learning during the lessons of different subjects. The methods will be uploaded to the blog (http://talismav.blogspot.lt/) which has been created for sharing the methods. The students and the teachers got to know how the systems of education work in both countries leading to a better understanding of the differences of the educational systems. During the project students have been exposed to social and cultural realities in Lithuania and Spain which helped them to develop their creativity, social and communicative skills. Both teachers and students have been encouraged to use ICT during the project activities (preparing Prezi and PowerPoint presentations). The teachers have been given the opportunity to experience the differences of methodologies and teaching approaches through attending the lessons and giving some lessons during short-term joint staff training events. As a symbol of an ongoing project, a logo has been established and successfully used for dissemination of the project.
The main objective of the project is to encourage the use of the innovative methods during the learning process. Most of the activities which have been carried out until now are related to innovative methods.
Learning and innovation skills increasingly are being recognized as the skills that separate students who are prepared for an increasingly complex life and work environments in the 21st century, and those who are not. A focus on creativity, critical thinking, communication and collaboration is essential to prepare students for the future.
Creativity & Innovation
* Demonstrating originality and inventiveness at work
* Developing, implementing and communicating new ideas to others
* Being open and responsive to new and diverse perspectives
* Acting on creative ideas to make a tangible and useful contribution to the domain in which the innovation occurs
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
* Exercising sound reasoning in understanding
* Making complex choices and decisions
* Understanding the interconnections among systems
* Identifying and asking significant questions that clarify various points of view and lead to better solutions
* Framing, analyzing and synthesizing information in order to solve problems and answer questions
Communication & Collaboration
* Articulating thoughts and ideas clearly and effectively through speaking and writing
* Demonstrating ability to work effectively with diverse teams
* Exercising flexibility and willingness to be helpful in making necessary compromises to accomplish a common goal
* Assuming shared responsibility for collaborative work.